Friday, July 12, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 1

I read about this challenge yesterday on various book blogs that I stalk read and I decided to join in. The challenge  was created by April @ Good Books, Good Wine and I think it's a very good and interesting idea. So here I am :) If you want to do this too, go to her Day 1 page to learn how :D


Day 1: Make 15 book related confessions



  1. Whenever I decide if I should buy a book that hasn't been recommended to me by anyone I trust and it's just some random book that caught my eye I read the last page of it. Chances are that if I like that last page, I'll like the book. So far I haven't bought a book using this method that I ended up adding it to the DNF shelf.
  2. Whenever I think about how my dream house would look like, I always picture it with a room just for my books, with a comfy couch in the middle of the room and a huge window, soft background music and lit incenses. If I think about it hard enough, I could probably tell you the colors of the walls LOL
  3. Whenever I play tourist and visit old houses or castles, I have an insane urge to "get lost" inside the libraries and never leave there.
  4. I hate hardbacks. Okay, maybe hate is too strong a word, but I'm not a fan of them.
  5. I like series a little bit more than stand-alones. I just hate falling for a set of characters for just one book.
  6. I like the books in a series to have the same main theme for covers and titles if that's how they started (for instance, it takes a while to remember that J.R. Ward's The King is in the same series as Lover Unbound if I only judge it by cover and title)
  7. I tend to judge books by their covers and I hate it when the cover models don't match the characters' descriptions in the book.
  8. I tend to be very anal when organizing my shelves: it's language (because I read in other languages, not just in English), genre, publishing house, author, series. Not easy, but it's a very good excuse when I want to spend more time dusting the shelf and rearranging the books back on the shelf than do other chores *grin*
  9. I always have a book in my purse, book that I only read when I'm not at home. 
  10. I tend to give people who judge me by the books I'm reading "the stare". You know, the one you usually saw as a child from your parents whenever you where in trouble. That stare. 
  11. I think some characters are redeemable and I usually have secret crushes on some of the bad guys. Not if they're psychotic. Then I hate them.
  12. I can't leave a book shop without buying a book. I'd rather not enter a book shop if I don't have enough money to buy even the cheapest book possible.
  13. As much a I love new books, there's just something about holding an old, used book. Maybe the smell, maybe the feeling of it. I can't really explain it, but if have to choose between an older, used, second-hand version of a book and the newest version of the same book, the used one wins.
  14. Lora Leigh's Bound Hearts series was the very first erotic romance series I have ever read. 
  15. I'd rather stay home on a Friday night and read a book, than go out with my friends. 
So there you have it. My 15 book related confessions. Some do sound a little weird, don't they? :P What about you? What are your 15 confessions?



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...