Sometimes it happens that a certain song and a book or a scene from the book I'm reading sort of... click. It's like they were made for each other. At least for me. And so I will almost always think of that particular book when hearing that song. I thought I'd share my book soundtracks with you.
Keep in mind that I have a very... weird taste in music. You'll find mostly rock music, country or the 80s-early 90s music in these lists. I might use some "contemporary" songs from now and then, but don't bet on it being something other than those particular genres. Also, not always the songs will be in English. If I have a link to a translation for the lyrics, I'll post it. If you like a song I'm using, that's fine. If not, that's fine too, just don't say I didn't warn you.
The songs aren't always on a book's playlist for their lyrics. Sometimes they're there for an instrument or for a feeling I get when hearing them. Also, I won't always mention what scene I used them for. If it's not a spoiler, I'll share the scene, if it is a spoiler, I'll let you guess.
Anyway, I hope you like my playlists :)
This week's book soundtrack is for The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa.
- Metallica - Nothing Else Matters - Not a big Metallica fan, but this song is perfect for Allie!
- Paramore - The Only Exception - Again, good song for Allie
- Evanescence - Sweet Sacrifice
- Eminem - Sing For The Moment - This song has a great combination of pain, anger, suffering and confusion, the same combo I sometimes feel Allie has.
- Jen Titus - Oh Death - If you're a fan of the Supernatural TV show then you probably heard this song before. If not, listen to it. It's creepy and so good. And it fits with the world in this series in my opinion (both the sound and the lyrics).