Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Tv Madness: Scandal




I haven't been feeling so well the past few days, what with lack of sleep, stress and weird weather, so I decided to watch something new, something completely out of my comfort zone. I've watched detectives solving the most unusual crimes, I've seen people hunting mythical creatures, doctors racing to save lives, but I've never ever watched a show about politics and media. After a lot of thought and some great reviews from my friends, I decided to watch Scandal. Man! I never expected it to be so good!

I was ready to be wowed, at least in the beginning, but the feeling never went away. I have to admit that my initial... let's call them doubts, were due to the fact that both this show and Grey's Anatomy have the same producer. And let's face it, killing Lexie and McSteamy ruined that show for me *sobs*

But Scandal is a great show. What I like is the twists and turns each episode has. And I love the actors and how well they act. I remember an episode in season 1 where Cyrus is in Oval Office and he has an amazing monologue and he's ranting at Fitz for something the president did (don't want to give it away in case you didn't see that particular episode :-) ). That scene gave me goose bumps, it was so good. I think I watched it about five times. And all actors have these amazing scenes where each of them shine, in a way I've never seen other shows do. You usually have two, three, four main characters that have big scenes and the others have minor scenes or just regular screen time. In Scandal though I felt as if each character has a major role to play in the story.

I'm halfway through season 2 (I'm not rushing to finish it yet... long summer *pouts*) And I can't get enough of it.

Have you watched this show? If yes, what do you think of it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...