Saturday, July 13, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 2 What's your bedtime reading ritual?

I read about this challenge yesterday on various book blogs that I stalk read and I decided to join in. The challenge  was created by April @ Good Books, Good Wine and I think it's a very good and interesting idea. So here I am :) If you want to do this too, go to her Day 1 page to learn how :D


Day 2: What's your bedtime reading ritual?

I don't actually have a ritual. It sounds a little sad, I know, but the only thing that has to be perfect and present every time I read at night is the comfiest pillow I can find. Of course, if you'd see my bed, you'll probably wonder how many pillows a person can have in just one bed, but that's another story. Usually if I read on my laptop, I will almost always have a cup of hot tea near me. I don't do this if I read paperbacks or on my e-reader though. I can't say it's a ritual though.

I used to read on my laptop a lot, because I didn't have an e-reader, but lately I feel that I need my glasses on or else my eyes get weird, so I've stopped reading at night from the laptop. It probably has something to do with me not having a light on while using it at night, but shhh! Don't tell!

I've been called an owl by my BFF, just because my bedtime hour is way after midnight. I can honestly say that the last time I actually went to bed (and fell asleep) before midnight was 3 years ago, when I had two intense days of exams at university, to get my bachelor's degree. But I usually go to bed at around...say 2, 3 am. So after doing everything I need to do before I go to bed, I start reading at about 1 am and I usually push myself if the book is good. If I like the book I'll do anything in my power to not fall asleep and go on reading. I can function pretty well the next day, I'm not cranky or anything, but I do need more coffee. Also, the real "ritual" that I can think of is to take small breaks after reading several chapters, when I try to find out if my limbs are still working. That's because I forget to change positions, and I'll end up with a stiff back, my legs are in pain and one arm is asleep.

So basically that's my bedtime reading ritual. What's yours?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...