Monday, October 22, 2018

Blogoween Day 12: My Favorite Vampires

Blogoween is hosted by Clo @ Book Dragons | Banner made by me, a.k.a Ruby, using Canva


Hello my dear book lovers! Day 12 is all about my favorite supernatural creatures, vampires. Any occasion to talk about my favorite vampires is welcome, so I'm going to take advantage and gush about them.



My Favorite Vampires

Bookish vampires



Source:Giphy

Before I saw the TV show True Blood I didn't have a true image in my head of Eric. I knew he was this blond viking beast of a man, but I didn't have a full picture of him. Even so, I was in love with him from the first moment he appeared on the page in the first book, when he had this aura of danger about him. Then the TV show was made and he looked like this. Guys, tell me you can resist loving him. Go ahead.


It took me a while to like Lestat. The first book is told from Louis's perspective, and he is not overly trustworthy. He goes from loving Lestat, to hating him so fast, I wasn't 100% sure what to feel about him. But the next books, the ones told from Lestat's POV show a character that I was able to identify with a little bit. Although at times I wanted to hate him, his impulsive streak reminded me a little bit too much of myself to not understand where he was coming from at times. Unlike him, I do have moments where I regret my impulsive decisions. Also, in case you're wondering, Stuart Townsend is my Lestat, to be honest.

Source:Giphy

It's been a while since I read this series, but how could I ever forget about Rehv? He's the guy who risked it all to save his mother and sister from an abusive step-father. And I remember one scene clearly, when Bella, his sister, wanted to eat another bowl of cereal and he watched her go for that second bowl, and his reaction, and the way he remembers that scene is probably the reason why I love him. Also, he's a cool guy.


So I din't remember a great deal about Jean Claude, but I do remember being in lust with him. 


Wraith is my baby and that's that! I don't even need a reason to love him. 

TV shows/movies vampires

  • Spike - Buffy The Vampire Slayer 
Source:Giphy

My precious! See, Spike will always be my favorite. Sure, he started out as a villain, and we know he handled the breakup with Buffy in the most terrible way possible, but he's still my guy. He also didn't turn into a soulless monster right after having sex with the virgin heroine either.


  • Damon - The Vampire Diaries 


Source:Giphy

I haven't read the books, but out of all the male vampires on that show, Damon was my favorite. And I do mean slightly deranged, very evil, very devious, crow-controlling Damon, not the Mr goody-goody he was towards the end. 

***
What about you? Do you love vampires? If yes, which one is your favorite? 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...