Thursday, July 18, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 5: Recommend a tearjerker

I read about this challenge yesterday on various book blogs that I stalk read and I decided to join in. The challenge  was created by April @ Good Books, Good Wine and I think it's a very good and interesting idea. So here I am :) If you want to do this too, go to her Day 1 page to learn how :D




Want to see past topics? Click on the links below to see them:

       Day 1
       Day 2 
       Day 3
       Day 4 


Day 5: Recommend a tearjerker


There are a lot of books that over the years have made me cry. Which is a bit weird, because I don't cry at movies. At all. I see actors crying in movies and I'm the only idiot in the cinema that is about to howl with laughter. I'm not joking! It's sad and weird and it makes me look like a lunatic! Back to the topic though!

So like I was saying, books have the power to make me cry. There is one that to this day wins the prize for "Most tears I've spilled". And that is Sherrilyn Kenyon's Acheron.

In case you haven't read this book (do eeeet!!) this book is divided in two major parts: Acheron's past and his present. I've reread the second part of this book so many times I've lost count. The first part, when we get to understand him and to know what really happened to him when he was growing up? ONE time. Just once. I can't to more than that. I know I'll eventually have to reread it, especially since Styxx is only weeks away (anyone else excited?? I can't wait!), but I'm trying to tell myself it's fine if I skip it. It's not, I know.

Some of the scenes in that part of the book I remember perfectly (apple scene anyone?), some I choose not to think about. Others I've blocked.






There isn't any other book out there that has managed to make me as sad as this book, or to crush me emotionally as much as Acheron did. But there are others that made me tear up a little bit. Here are just a few of them:


  1. Shadows by Jennifer L. Armentrout - Seriously, this one is a sad story. And if you read the rest of the series and get to understand what happened and how and why? Yep, be sure to have some tissues ready, people!
  2. Tales of the Otherworld by Kelley Armstrong - I've read only two stories in this book: Elena and Clay's and Eve and Kristof's. With Clay and Elena there were some waterworks, but because I read this after I've read a few books in the series, I knew that eventually everything works out. But with Eve and Kristof? Man, I felt crushed. Oh, I know everything will be okay with them too, but it's not the same, and those of you who've read the series know why. Both stories are sad though.
  3. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead - Come on, seriously?? I couldn't sleep after reading the ending of this book. I did a marathon and read the rest of the books in two days, just to make sure everything was going to be okay. 

What about you? Any tearjerkers you want to recommend me?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...