Monday, July 22, 2013

15 Day Book Blogger Challenge: Day 9: Why do you blog about books?

I read about this challenge yesterday on various book blogs that I stalk read and I decided to join in. The challenge  was created by April @ Good Books, Good Wine and I think it's a very good and interesting idea. So here I am :) If you want to do this too, go to her Day 1 page to learn how :D




Want to see past topics? Click on the links below to see them:

       Day 1            Day 6
       Day 2            Day 7
       Day 3            Day 8
       Day 4 
       Day 5


Day 9: Why do you blog about books?

About 6 months before I got my undergraduate diploma I decided to blog about books (2010). I had a series of minor... scenes let's call them, when I realized book blogging was what I wanted to do in my free time. Nothing major, just various moments throughout my college years when I realized there weren't that many people that shared my complete passion for books and not just any books, but romance books. Oh, I had friends who liked to read, but their choices for reading material are what you'd call "serious". I only personally know about two girls from high school who loved Chick Lit.

Before I made the big decision I was already lurking on some blogs and I already had a Shelfari account, I already discovered numerous other books that I could read. Because I couldn't share my thoughts about the books I was reading with anyone physically next to me, I decided to start a book blog.

Book blogging to me was a way to share my love for books. It didn't even occur to me how many other authors I'd get to love (or befriend). The idea of free books might have crossed my mind, but it really wasn't about it, it was about me wanting to talk about books. It's really difficult to explain to some people why I'd rather read about vampires and werewolves instead of a classic masterpiece. And it's even more difficult to explain it while trying to be respectful, when the other person clearly isn't.

The short answer to this question would be because I love books. Books are the best way to escape from reality and they're the world's best form of entertainment in my opinion. So that's why I do it, that's why I blog about books. What about you?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...