Monday, December 3, 2018

Blogmas Day 3: Favorite Christmas Movies


If you ask me, no Christmas is complete without movies. I make it a personal mission to watch Christmas themed movies, because let's face it, they're heartwarming. And nice. And funny. And okay, sometimes they have some romance. So without further ado, here are my

Favorite Christmas Movies



1. Mickey's Christmas Carol (1983)

This was probably my favorite Disney Christmas special growing up. I still remember a huge part of it, and I have to say, I cried a few times. I haven't watched it in years, but I would love to watch it again as an adult.


2. While You Were Sleeping (1995)



While I can't really remember if this is actually a Christmas movie, I do know the story happens around the holidays and I remember some funny scenes involving ice and mistletoe. I've also always loved Sandra Bullock, in basically everything I've seen her in, so it's not that big of a surprise that I know this movie. If you haven't seen it, you definitely should.

3. The Santa Clause (1994)




This is another old movie that I remember watching religiously growing up. I always laughed like a mad person when Santa fell off the roof, but I was always sad when Scott had to say goodbye to everyone. The movie is heartwarming and funny, perfect for the holiday season. And who doesn't love a movie about becoming Santa?


4. Home Alone (1990)



It's not Christmas without Home Alone. I think I caught it on TV a few years ago and I laughed until I cried. I don't know what was funnier, the crazy things this kid tried out when he realized he was alone, or how much time it took the parents to figure out they forgot one kid. I will probably watch it again this Christmas, because I kinda miss it, to be honest.


5. Die Hard (1988)



Not only did this movie come out the year I was born, it's an action movie as well. I know not everyone will agree with me, but I do believe it's a Christmas movie. Also, the late Alan Rickman is in it. I hope I get to see this movie soon, because I kinda miss the good old days of the 80s movies.


6. The Holiday (2006)


I actually saw this movie just once, around the time it came out, so I don't remember a great deal about it, except for the fact that these two women exchange houses for the holidays. The cast is fantastic, though, so I do know why exactly I watched it. I think a rewatch is required this year.


***

Extra: Christmas Movies I Want To Watch

I haven't really watched a Christmas movie in a while now, not new ones at least. I'm planning on changing that in the near future, so here are some movies on my watch list:

1. The Holiday Calendar
2. It's a Wonderful Life
3. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

***
What about you guys? What Christmas movies do you love or want to watch?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...