Friday, December 7, 2018

Blogmas Day 7: Spinning The Yarn - Christmas Edition


 

Spinning The Yarn is a weekly feature here at Ruby's Books in which I share some of my favorite knitting and crochet patterns inspired by books, with the occasional movie and TV show fandoms. 

Hello my dear book lovers and welcome to day 7 of Blogmas. I know I missed a day yesterday, but I'll make it up to you tomorrow with a double post, I promise. Today's post is all about Christmas crafts. If you've been here for a while you're probably familiar with my Spinning The Yarn feature, where I share some of my favorite free knitting and crochet patterns.

All of these patterns today make awesome gifts, guys. If it were me, I'd love to get a handmade gift. It is very thoughtful, it will most likely be unique, and you can make it very personal and incorporate designs and themes that the person you're giving it to cares about.


Blogmas Day 7: Spinning The Yarn - Christmas Edition

Because it's Christmas, the most common category of yarn crafts I found were decorations, specifically stockings. The thing I love most about them is that you can be sneaky and totally use these charts to make other projects. Since I discovered I can knit socks (a milestone for me!) I am imagining all the socks that I can make with these next charts and patterns. It's going to be glorious!

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/personalized-christmas-stocking-3
Source: Mare Allison
  • Personalized Christmas Stocking by Mare Allison - These stockings are super cute! As you can see from the photo, you can mix and match the charts as you want, you can use whatever color you desire, you can do anything with this pattern. Personally, I love it because the charts allow you a lot of freedom to combine them, but also because just from eyeballing the charts I feel like they work for any level of experience. You have from the easiest charts possible, to some complicated ones, it just depends on you how you want to make them.
 
Source: Grace Ennis                                                       Source: Kirsten Hall

  • This Santa and Chimney Christmas Stocking chart pattern is from 1954, and it's super cute! I love that it's a vintage pattern. I love vintage patterns, to be fair. I would love to see this chart on a scarf. 
  • These Spindleknitter's Stockings are also very pretty. I feel like the charts may be a little bit more difficult to follow, as they're a little more complex, and they involve some sewing as well. BUT they are pretty.
 
 
 Source: Sandra Jäger

  • I've had these Reindeer Socks on my queue for a while now, but I never had the perfect yarn for this pattern. I hope I'll find the right yarn soon and make them. This creator also has tons of free charts that you can use for your projects, not just for Christmas, but for all kinds of occasions. So go look through her Ravelry profile, you'll definitely find something that matches your taste, and have a look through her paid patterns as well.

    
Source: Nicky Epstein
  • Next up is this Fireside Patchwork Afghan that I am really excited to knit this one. I probably will make this out of all my scrap yarn from previous projects. I love the color combo from the photo, although it looks gorgeous with any color. And let's be honest, we always need a warm, cozy blanket nearby for the cold days.

 
Source: Frankie Brown
  • Last but not least, this Christmas Tree Quilt is absolutely adorable! It's a simple decoration, but it looks very very nice. I also think it would look amazing as an afghan, or as part of an afghan.

 ***

I really love these patterns and I can't wait to make them. Tune in next week for the last Spinning The Yarn post of the year, where I'll share some more Christmassy patterns, because I simply can't get enough of them.

Know any fun Christmas patterns? Share them in the comments below.

9 comments:

  1. You are very talented. I love the stockings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I can't wait to work on these patters. They look good and I am very, very excited to find the right yarn for them.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I love knitting and crochet, and these patterns really work for every skill level.

      Delete
  3. I am in love with the stockings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! We don't have stockings for Christmas in our culture, but these patterns make me want to wish we did.

      Delete
  4. I don't know stitching at all. I loved all the designs. My mum used to stitch me a lot of things long time ago

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...