Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Blogmas Day 5: Favorite Christmas Songs



It's day 5 of Blogmas here at Ruby's Books and I think it's my duty to talk about my favorite Christmas songs. A few things you need to know about me before I start listing my top 10 Christmas songs:

  1. I love Christmas songs
  2. I start to listen to my Spotify playlist in August, not every day, but once in a while, because it's good music
  3. I'm mostly a fan of the classic tunes. So be prepared for Dean Martin, Elvis and others!
With that out of the way, let's start!



Favorite Christmas Songs

1. A Marshmallow World - Dean Martin

Christmas starts with this song. It's this particular song that gets me in a holiday spirit, and it has been for years now.



2. Jingle Bells - Frank Sinatra

If it's Christmas, Sinatra's Jingle Bells is a must. This version right here. AMAZING



3. Santa Baby - Eartha Kitt

I discovered this song my accident, about 10 years ago, while I was listening to an online Christmas classics radio. I love everything about it.



4. Baby It's Cold Outside - Sammy Davis Jr. & Carmen McRae

There have been many, many versions of this song, but this one is my favorite by far.




5. Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer - Elmo & Patsy

I can't justify my love for this song, but it's not a complete Christmas playlist without this song in it. I just need to have it in there.




6. Santa Bring My Baby Back To Me - Elvis

This was another rather recent discovery, about... 4 years or so I think. You can't go wrong with Elvis in my opinion, but this is my favorite of his Christmas songs.




7. Merry Christmas Everyone - Shakin' Stevens

This is actually my mom's favorite song originally, and she transferred her love of it to me. I love the beat, I love the video, I love the cheery feel of it. I love it all.



8. Santa Clause Is Comin' (...) - The Tractors

I don't know how I discovered The Tractors, but it was a happy discovery. They have two Christmas albums out, if I'm not mistaken, but this song is my absolute favorite.



9. You're A Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Small Town Titans

I actually discovered this song last week. I liked the original version, but not enough for me to fall head over heels. Small Town Titans made sure I'm a fan of the song though.



10. I'm Gonna Lasso Santa Clause - Brenda Lee

Just as I can't have a Christmas playlist without Dean Martin or Elvis, I can't have one without Brenda Lee. She has a few Christmas songs out there, but this one is near and dear to my heart.



***

I told you guys, I'm more of a classic Christmas songs girl, with a few newer ones sprinkled here and there. There are many, many other tunes I love, but these are the ones that absolutely have to be on a playlist for the holidays for me to feel complete.

What about you? What are some of your favorite songs?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...