Sunday, December 9, 2018

Blogmas Day 8: 2018 Best New Authors


Happy Sunday my dear readers and welcome to day 8 of Blogmas! We all know I love discovering new authors, and there's even a reading challenge that helps me keep track of how many new authors I've discovered in a year. There's no way for me to reach my goal of 100 new authors by the year's end (thank you, reading slump), but so far I've read 52 stories by new authors, which to me is very impressive. Of these, a few authors have impressed me enough to make me a fan, so here are some of my favorite authors I've discovered in 2018.


2018 Best New Authors

  • Tina Glasneck - I only read her 7 Twisted Tales short stories collection so far, but I truly loved her writing style. Those were only short tales, but they left me wanting for more, and I can only imagine how her full-length books are.
  • Alexandra Christo - I really loved To Kill A Kingdom (read my review here) and I am definitely a fan of this author. I am very excited for her upcoming book.
  • Cassandra Giovanni - I've only read her Into The Darkest Night book (read my review here), but I truly loved her writing style. I'm also kind of sad that that's not how one of my favorite TV shows went...
  • Jamie Admans - Her book It's A Wonderful Night is one of my most recent reads (read my review here), but I already know I'll check out more of her books in the future.
  • Heather Dixon Wallwork - The Enchanted Sonata (read my review here) was one of the most magical reads of this year, and I am curious to check out this author's other retellings.
  • Teagan Hunter - I loved the humor in Can't Text This (read my review here) a lot. I also felt like this author knew me and the way I text with my best friend, I felt understood in a way no other author that has written scenes with texting did before, so I'll definitely have her books on my TBR in the future.
  • Katharine E. Wibell - I really enjoyed The Incarn Saga (read my reviews here for book one and here for book two) and I am very excited to see how the story will continue.
  • Rachel Hartman - After reading Tess of the Road (read my review here) I know I definitely want to read her Seraphina series in 2019.
***
I have read a lot of great authors this year and I am excited to read more new authors in the year to come. What about you, my fellow readers? What are some of your favorite authors you've discovered in 2018?

3 comments:

  1. I think it is so awesome that you sought out so many new authors to read, and no worries about you not reaching your goal. This is still incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Hartman's writing! Tess was a very unique gem among fantasy books! While I didn't enjoy To Kill a Kingdom, I appreciated Christo's writing and her story pacing, so I want to read her future releases.

    Reading challenges are awesome, but don't stress too much if you don't reach a certain number <3

    Cam @ Camillea Reads

    ReplyDelete
  3. 52 is good progress, Ruby! Much proud of you for your efforts to do so. My favorite one might be Gloria Chao, but she's the first author that came to mind for me. 😂

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...