Tuesday, July 7, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I’ve Read the Most Books By

Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

Hello my dear readers! It's been a while since I last did a Top Ten Tuesday, but this particular topic is very dear to me. We all have our must-read authors, and I'm here to talk all about mine. So buckle up, because this will be a very interesting time!

Top Ten Authors I’ve Read the Most Books By

I have this habit of making most authors my favorite ones. Usually it takes about 3 books for me to be  able to fully love with an author's writing style, but once I've read 3 books by them, I know that they'll end up on my must-read list if I reach for the 4th one. Which is why making this list was HARD. Very, very hard, because if you look at my GR shelves, you'll see a ton of authors that fit this profile. Because of that, I've decided to only include authors that I've read more than 10 books by. That includes novellas and short freebies they have on their websites. Let's get started

1. Lexi Blake (60) 

I think it's safe to say that this is also my most reviewed author here on the blog. Lexi Blake has a way with words. She writes beautiful love stories, which characters that are perfect for each other, but she also has a way of creating really complex worlds, no matter which genre she picks to write in. From her paranormal to her erotic romance, the worlds are really well built, the cast of characters is completely adorable. Dnd most importantly there's sarcasm freely flowing through her books. What's not to like?




I've been reading this author since I was in college. I discovered her by accident about 13 years ago, and I've never stopped loving her worlds. Whether she writes urban fantasy, historical or scifi, her worlds are just the thing that I need whenever I need a pick-me-up book. I also trust that she'll make her worlds complex and that I need to bring all of my focus into reading, because her books are more like puzzle pieces than stories that follow each other chronologically, and you never know when a book will reference stuff that happened many many books before.

3. Marc Levy (12)  

My discovery of this author was a happy accident. I was a senior in high school and I was just starting to get bit by the reading bug. I asked a friend for some recommendations and his book If Only It Were True was one of the three she told me I absolutely had to read. I've never stopped reading his books ever since. He is also the only exception to my "3 books" rule, because the second book I read by him, 7 Days for an Eternity, landed him on my auto-buy list. His stories always have a deeper meaning, a hidden message, and it's fun trying to discover which one it is.

4. Carrie Ann Ryan (15)

I discovered Carrie Ann Ryan by mistake. I think one of her novellas were in a 1001 Dark Nights bundle and I just fell in love with her world. Also I have a thing for tattoos, so when I saw that some of her heroes and heroines worked in tattoo shops I needed to give her books a try. I'm happy I did, because then I discovered her paranormal books, and that made me love her stories even more.

5. Larissa Ione (28) 

There can't be a bookish list in which Larissa Ione doesn't appear. It just isn't possible. If you ever want to read about demons, the horsemen of the apocalypse, prophecies, fallen angels with a pure heart, and angels with the blackest soul ever, her Demonica series is a must read.

6. Hailey Edwards (24)

Hailey Edwards is an author I truly adore. Her worldbuilding is amazing, and some of her newest books remind me of the early 2000's urban fantasy books. She never sticks to a "recipe", so you never actually know what will happen in some of her books. Whether she creates new worlds, or tackles known supernatural creatures to reinvision their mythology, she writes truly good stories about strong women that get shit done.

7. Lora Leigh (43)

I discovered Lora Leigh at an age I probably shouldn't have. She's been around a long while, writing just about anything you can think of in the erotic romance genre. Her Breeds series is probably the longest series I've seen, and probably one of my favorite series out there. It's also really complex and rich of details, so you can't really jump in and pick whichever book you fancy to read. I mean you could, because the books are mostly stand-alones, but there's a backstory that I do believe one needs in order to fully enjoy this world.

8. Setta Jay (12)

Setta Jay is a rather new author on my list. Her Guardians of the Realms series is a mixture of paranormal and erotic romance, and I do believe I binged this series in about two weeks. I couldn't stop reading.


9.  Kelley Armstrong (13)

Another author that can't not be on this list. I read most of Kelley Armstrong's Women of the Otherworld series. When I say most, I mean that I haven't had the courage to read the last 3 books in this series, because I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that it's over. Of course, now there's a sequel out, so I may just have the courage to see my babies Savannah and Adam together and happy, and also cry my eyes out at the ending. The reason why I love her books is because it's probably the first series I've read where the women are the leaders, the strong ones, the true focus of the story. When I first picked up this series, it was a first for me, and I still hold it near and dear to my heart. Also Clay.

10. Joanna Wylde (10)

Joanna Wylde was my first author of motorcycle club books. Guys, her books are not easy to read. This is not an author that shies from writing some pretty hard scenes, and from what I've seen, she researches MCs a ton, so what you're getting is a pretty accurate representation of the lifestyle. I truly love her books, even though like I said sometimes they go to some dark places.

Honorable mentions: Bella Jewel, Charlaine Harris, Kresley Cole, Jaci Burton, Jennifer L. Armentrout 

I just couldn't stop at 10 authors, guys. Anyway. This is my list. What about you? What are some of your most read authors?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...