Tuesday, July 14, 2020

Top Ten Tuesday: Books That Make Me Smile

Top Ten Tuesday
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl

Hello my dear readers! Today's book is all about books that make me smile. I love books that put a smile on my face. Especially during these strange times, I believe we need a distraction from reality, and what better way to achieve that than with books that are truly fun to read? Let's get started, shall we?

Top Ten Books That Make Me Smile



A Princess In Theory by Alyssa Cole is actually one of my current reads and I have to tell you, it is hilarious. I am listening to it on audio, and I have a grin on my face from the moment I turn on my computer and pull up my work browser. I adore it. From Naledi's inner monologue and her perfect answer to annoying spam emails, to Thabiso's utter confusion to being ignored by her, or his struggle to be a good server. It is hilarious and everyone needs to read this book. 



It shouldn't be a surprise that Hands Down by Mariana Zapata is here. It really shouldn't. I had a smile on my face from the moment I knew this book was out. Read more about my thoughts in my review.



Another book that shouldn't surprise anyone for being here is Seven Days For An Eternity by Marc Levy. This book has a special place in my heart ever since I first read it, over 13 years ago. If you ever wonder what would happen if Heaven's best warrior fell in love with Hell's best warrior and vice versa, this is your chance. Also there's a few hilarious cameos by God and Satan themselves.



The Hook-Up Experiment by Emma Hart is a hilarious friends with benefits, enemies to lovers book. You have anything you could possibly want in this book: a very cute kid, a smitten dad who may complain about things, but it still very much a good father, a hilarious bet between siblings, and a heroine that gets a few interesting life lessons. Did I mention it's a hilarious book? Read more about it in my review here.



Let's Get Textual by Teagan Hunter is basically my dream come true whenever I get a wrong number text. Complete with the cheesy stuff both Zach and Delia say. Also, if you also break out into a song when you read the titles of this series, let me know, we're besties now. Also there are baby goats.



The Wallflower Wager by Tessa Dare is both cute and swoony, funny and adorable. I could go on with the adjectives but I promise I'll stop. Penny's love of animals leads to a very memorable meet-cute. I may have broken something laughing at that scene. Read all about it in my review.



Paradox Girl by Cayti Bourquin, Yishan Li is the first comic book I've read that tackles the consequences of a superhero using their superpowers. My favorite part of the story is that at one point Paradox Girl ends up fighting a villainous version of herself. Read more in my review.



I can't not include It Seemed Like A Good Idea At The Time by Kylie Scott on this list. Just from the title you expect all the shenanigans in the world, and I personally remember all the laughter I had because of this book. It is hilarious. I may reread this book soon. My review here.



Say No To The Duke by Eloisa James was such a cute story, guys!! Betsy and Jeremy are very cute together, and I adored them. Read more about them in my review here.



Last but not least, Twenties Girl by Sophie Kinsella. Although it was hard to pick just one of Sophie Kinsella's books for today's prompt, I ultimately settled for this one because of the relationship that forms between Lara and Sadie. It not only was a cute relationship, it was also a reminder that just because someone grows older and comes from a very different generation, doesn't mean they have nothing left to teach. 

***

Let's discuss! What books make you smile?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...